Systems Administrator Sys Admin Engineer Linux Visual Effects Entertainment
Our client, a leading international post-production company with offices in Chicago, LA, and London is seeking a well qualified Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer for a direct-hire, full time role. The ideal candidate is someone that is hands on, has a creative approach to problem solving, enthusiastic, and is a self-starter who is proactive and hard working. Experience supporting creatives in a deadline driven environment will be heavily considered.
In this role, you'll be supporting a wide range of technologies in post-production (Autodesk, Flame,Baselight, Avid, Premiere) , visual effects, (Nuke, Maya, After Effects, Houdini) rendering (Deadline), and as well as enterprise systems (Mac/OS, Windows, Linux) and network infrastructure. Similarly, if you're a pro at scripting in Python & Bash, but you've not supported entertainment or media in the past, they can train you on that side... because there's already a knowledgable party onsite who is well versed in post, this is the skillset the client needs least at the moment, but if you have it in combination with scripting or VFX, that's a perk for them!
Our client is willing to relocate the right person for this position.
Our client is looking either for someone with VERY strong skills in scripting and automation, or someone with prior visual effects (VFX) support experience and knowledge. You don't need to have both, but if you do, we would love to talk with you!
• Development & Automation of processes and tasks
• Systems installation of Mac, Windows, & Linux.
• Strong Networking Skills including - firewalls, switches, vlans, TCP/IP, etc.
• Work with outside vendors for support on internal systems, i.e. Autodesk - Flame, Baselight - Color, HVAC, and phones, etc.
• Strong scripting skillset. Python, Bash. • Proficient in Linux.
• Working knowledge of Puppet.
• Networking Skillset and experience.
- Professional experience in a Systems/IT support position in VFX and / or Post.
- Experience in VFX helpful: Flame, Nuke, Maya, AE, Houdini, Deadline, Avid, Premiere, etc.
- Experience with Help Desk Support.
- Troubleshoot networking issues.
Competitive Salary DOE along with a great benefits package, and a position with a stable post production company where most of the IT team has stuck around for 7 years or more. Lots of training and growth opportunities here, with a company who is willing - and able- to invest in strategic IT projects and improvements.