Project Engineer, Systems Engineer, IT Support Level 2/3 - NY
Are you the escalation point for IT issues in your current role? Do you have the rare and special combination of IT chops and customer service skills it takes to roll out major IT initiatives at an enterprise client? We'd love to speak with you!
We are seeking an A-player to join our growing team and be a part of our thriving culture. This is not just another grind-it-out IT job-this is a career in a cool industry that will get you trained and hands-on with cutting edge tech that you simply won’t touch anywhere else.
GPL Technologies is hiring a Project Engineer for a front-line, client-facing role that requires fortitude, patience, and extremely quick thinking to be successful. We're a Managed Services provider and VAR with media & entertainment clients in NYC who need a solid Level 2 Project Engineer to help them keep their systems and infrastructure working in harmony.
- Serve as an escalation point for the local Help Desk team
- Perform day-to-day System Administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity management.
- Clearly document actions taken in our ticketing system.
- Work with senior engineering staff to ensure client environments are healthy and SLA goals are met.
- Assist operations staff with inventory management.
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to emergency calls as required in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor certifications and engage in continuing self-improvement studies.
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment media/ post production information technology. Our team consists of client focused account managers, certified and trained IT specialists, vendor partners, and a stimulating culture that isn’t present in most IT companies.
To match the consistent growth of GPL Technologies, we are looking to add value to our team. We seek driven professionals with a knack for entertainment, a cultural fit, and a focus in unparalleled service to be provided to clients. Professionals within GPL are given tools to work with and the necessary training to use them. We invest in our employees to ensure that we offer superior service to clients, may it be vendor training or hardware/software certification, we invite you to be part of that growth.
- 5-10 years professional IT experience
- Experience supporting Windows, iOS, & Linux
- Relevant certifications a plus (MS, Linux, VMWare)
- Experience with Media & Entertainment clients a big plus
GPL provides health, dental, and vision benefits along with a 401k plan. In addition, GPL has positive work-life balance and a very liberal vacation/personal time policy. Lastly, GPL provides partner vendor training, education and certification.