Director of IT, Animation Visual Effects VFX
Are you an experienced IT Director, Senior Manager, of Head of IT looking for an opportunity to lead a small team in the entertainment space? Our client, an indie animation studio, is seeking a responsible and customer-oriented Director of IT.
In this role, you'll lead and manage the IT team, creating appropriate documentation as well as developing and implementing policies and procedures. You'll also be the person who identifies trends, and gathers metrics to create cost/benefit analysis for IT spending, as well as developing and executing project plans. Both experience managing up, and experience working directly with creative end users, will be needed in this role.
If you're the sort of person who loves the thrill of executing a big, ambitious project, and has a desire to continually learn new tools, processes, and skills, this position has a lot to offer you.
- BS degree Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 3-5 years Experience supporting creative environments
- Experience with Maya, Katana, Renderman or equivalent animation / VFX production software
- Experience in Animation / VFX industry
- Extensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, including hardware and physical infrastructure
- Some knowledge of pipeline development
- Editorial experience (Avids) helpful but not strictly necessary or required.
This client offers competitive pay along with an extensive package of perks and benefits, ranging from extended medical coverage to a Costco membership... they make it a fun place to work, and you'll be valued with them.