Director of IT VFX Post-Production Entertainment Advertising
Our client, an award-winning Editorial/Motion Graphics/VR entertainment agency, is looking for an IT Director who will thrive in a creative, yet demanding environment. In this position, you'll lead their local IT team and manage contact with our office in the UK.
This role will require you to use your expert level knowledge in IT, computer systems, and deep networking security. Candidates with a strong post production foundation or background in visual effects are strongly preferred.
As a leader of a small but passionate IT team, you must maintain technology with the highest security controls while delivering “retail-level” customer service and user satisfaction within the limits of a budget. An excellent candidate for this role will have multiple years of experience leading and managing a team within a fast-paced company and production environment and demonstrate a passion for inspiring, mentoring, and developing the people on their team.
- Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team w/ a strong customer service focus
- Experience negotiating with vendors, creating and maintaining budgets, controlling costs etc
- 5+ years of leading IT teams successfully through numerous ongoing projects while maintaining minimal downtown
- Great working knowledge of common protocols: DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, SSO, etc
- Advanced Networking: TCP/IP, switches, routers, firewalls, multiple VLANs, etc. (Cisco experience highly preferred)
- Exceptional working knowledge of a large variety of production software: Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Maya/Max, Perforce, Deadline and render farm management, Vray, Cinema4D, Substance, Unreal, Unity
- The ability to maintain a highly secure environment to meet or exceed client security compliances and pass audits.
- A master of all Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Experience building and maintaining large high-bandwidth local storage arrays (1Petabyte +)
In addition to competitive compensation, 2 weeks paid vacation & holidays off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and a dog-friendly office, this thriving company is employee-centric and maintains a no-yelling, no-egos environment where you'll have fun and work diligently to solve complex technical problems.