lT Support Engineer (with the desire to learn digital forensics)
Based in Reston, VA, we are a high-end boutique consulting firm that sepcializes in Digita Forensics, eDiscovery, Special Masters, Forensic Accounting, Cyber Breach Response, Investigations, and technology consulting; and are home to the world's leading experts in their fields.
Our team consults on complex technical and legal issues, often serving as an expert witness for its clients. We hold patents on forensic technologies, have published articles, and have consistently and successfully supported clients both large and small since 2002.
We are in search of an IT Support Engineer who can work with a high caliber of our managed services clientele. This individual will be responsible for:
- providing first point of contact for customer-facing support & troubleshooting and resolve problems to the end user’ssatisfaction
- manage PC/MAC setup and deployment for using standard hardware, images and software.
- support servers, including server installation, configuration and daily maintenance
- work with various departments to coordinate important information around system maintenance, changes and IT requirements
- documenting and recording billable task and communications with/for clients
Once you've established your technical competence & customer service to our clients, you will gradually contribute to computer/digital forensics projects. The forensics projects will include assisting with real investigations by conducting analysis using various digital forensic tools and techniques.
**No prior forensics experience is required, training will be provided on the job.**
Our Ideal Candidate will have at least 4 years of proven experience with:
- IT/Technical Support
- Hands-on Server Administration
- Building, deploying, and managing a Windows environment;
- Working on MS Exchange & Active Directory in a multi-server environment
- Virtualization & Hyper-V
- Basic Cisco network configuration (i.e: you know how to make small adjustments on switches, firewalls, etc)
- Interacting positively with clients
- Technical writing and detailed documentation
And an general understanding/knowledge of:
Bonus Points for previous experience with:
- Managed Services, Professional Services, or Consulting
In exchange for your hard work, you will receive a comprehensive compensation package, as well the opportunity to work along side the CEO on special projects and exposure to multiple verticles and opportunities to learn in the fast paced, ever changing world of technology. This is a unique opportunity to come in and learn the skills you needed to rapid growth within the company.