Desktop Support Engineer -IT- Visual Effects VFX - Render Farm- OS and Windows
GPL Technologies has the immediate need for self starting and proactive IT Support Engineer to work supporting creative & editorial efforts of the marketing team a major company headquartered in San Mateo. This role will be providing expertise to a Video Post-Production Facility. We seek driven professionals with a knack for entertainment, a cultural fit, and a focus in unparalleled service to be provided to clients.
As a Support Engineer you will be working with a vast and complex array of technologies for one of the world's leading and exciting brands. This is a high-profile position at an internationally known, household name client.
The ideal person for this position has knowledge of/experience supporting relevant software applications such as Nuke, Maya, Houdini, Deadline and the like, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere Pro and After Effects. Specifically, our client needs you to troubleshoot performance issues, and to maintain the software and plugins; keeping everything up to date and testing prior to department updates. Additionally, if you can distinguish the difference between a problem with a license and the plugin itself, your skills will be useful!
An understanding of how a render farm works would be helpful as well, though our client is willing to train you in supporting these tools if you have a sincere interest in learning them.
- Provide 1st/2nd level technical support, including assisting in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting local infrastructure
- Knowledge of content creation applications (Maya, After Effects, Nuke, Cinema 4D)
- Knowledge of the latest Adobe applications, including Premiere and After Effects
- Render farm management
- Sandbox testing of new applications
- Follow IT procedures as established by corporate IT while balancing creative workflow needs
- Occasional requirement to perform after hours and/or weekend support.
- Ensure that asset management, licensing, OH&S, and other company policies are being adhered to
- Generate and maintain both internal and end user documentation, as required
- Previous experience in either support or mid-level system engineering
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Windows and OSX Operating System exposure.
- The ability to work independently, including some self-study and an eye on the clock- it's a deadline-driven environment!
- MAC/PC maintenance and software installation
- Film/VFX Industry experience & relevant applications (listed above) strongly preferred
GPL's full-time employees are offered a competive compensation & benefits package, as well as unlimited PTO and a wide array of technical training from major vendors. And last but not least, you'll be a part of a great team getting hands-on, real-world experience with exciting high-end technology that simply isn't present in most corporate IT environments.