Network Engineer, CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, 100% Remote
We are looking for a Network Engineer to provide management of and administrative support for a customer’s corporate network infrastructure. Primary responsibilities will consist of configuring, implementing, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, as well as, providing health assessment, capacity and performance metrics to IT management for network infrastructure comprised of Palo Alto firewalls and a Cisco SD-WAN solution.
- Daily support of the local and wide area network including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Implementation and support of the network security infrastructure including Cisco SD-WAN and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Participate in capacity planning and monitoring.
- Hardware and software lifecycle management.
- Proactive network infrastructure support during and after business hours.
- Work with internal product owners and third party vendors to resolve issues.
- Participate in root cause analysis reviews.
- Strong knowledge of routing and switch to include SDWAN, DMVPN, BGP, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Experience in configuring and managing QoS, firewall policies, and VLANs.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in configuring and troubleshooting multi-vendor routers, switches, and firewalls; primarily Cisco and Palo Alto.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networks, DNS, DHCP
- Working knowledge of a range of network diagnostic utilities including analyzing netflow data.
- Flexibility to perform some work outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
- Expertise in using Visio to produce detailed network documentation
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work in an agile capacity supporting a dynamic work environment
- Positive attitude, successfully working as a team player with business and technology stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize competing deliverables
Education and Certifications:
- B.S. or B.A. in a technical discipline is preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) at a minimum; preferred
- Minimum 5 years of currently operational experience with network infrastructure
- Minimum 5 years of current hands-on experience with network security technology
- Minimum 5 years of current experience in configuring and supporting of enterprise WAN technologies
- Experience in entertainment production is a big plus
We provide competitive compensation and benefits for all of our full-time employees. We also believe in a positive work-life balance and have a very liberal vacation and personal time policy. Above all, you'll be a part of a great team of people serving a vibrant and exciting community of creative media companies around the globe.