IT Service Desk/HelpDesk Engineer, Desktop Support, Production Visual Effects
Are you the first person people call when their computer breaks? Do you find zen-like tranquility in assembling your own high-performance PC rigs? Can you calm a frantic user who just deleted her entire inbox and help her get her life back on the rails? If you’re one of those rare IT pros who possesses sharp desktop/server skills AND a knack for making users actually happy they called the helpdesk, we’ve got a job for you!
GPL Technologies is seeking an A-player to join our growing team as a member of our Service Desk, and be a part of our thriving culture. This is just above an entry-level position, but it’s not just another grind-it-out IT job--this is a career in a cool industry that will get you hands-on with cutting edge tech that you simply won’t touch anywhere else!
The position is for a Service Desk Engineer as front-line, client-facing role that requires fortitude, patience, and extremely quick thinking to be successful; a fulfilling career with a great team and upward mobility is the reward.
- Provide front-line phone support to clients via remote assistance and, when required, go on-site to resolve issues.
- Triage client issues and rapidly resolve or escalate to Project Engineers.
- Perform day-to-day System Administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity management.
- Clearly document actions taken in our ticketing system.
- Work with Senior engineering staff to ensure client environments are healthy and SLA goals are met.
- Assist Operations staff with inventory management.
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to emergency calls as required in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor certifications and engage in continuing self-improvement studies.
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment media/ post production/ visual effects information technology. Our team consists of client focused account managers, certified and trained IT specialists, vendor partners, and a stimulating culture that isn’t present in most IT companies.
To match the consistent growth of GPL Technologies, we are looking to add value to our team. We seek driven professionals with a knack for entertainment, a cultural fit, and a focus in unparalleled service to be provided to clients. We provide the tools to work with, and the necessary training to use them. We invest in our employees to ensure that we offer superior service to clients, including vendor training or hardware/software certification. We invite you to be part of our growth.
To be a successful candidate, you’ll need:
- Solid technical chops on both Windows and Mac desktops and servers
- Networking knowledge is a big plus
- Knowledge of pipelines, render farms, and applications like Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc a MAJOR plus
- You should know the difference between Active Directory and Open Directory (and how to handle basic tasks on both
- Why a PST is different than an OST,
- Have a firm grasp on troubleshooting common Office apps and issues
- Be able to remain calm while explaining to a user why his Firewire drive won’t plug in to an eSATA port
- Flawless, native-level English, a clear communication style, and top notch customer relations skills
- A desire to learn, and willingness to accept constructive criticism
Along with competitive compensation, snacks in the breakroom of our cool office & free lunch on Fridays, GPL provides health, dental, and vision benefits as well as a 401k plan. We believe in a positive work-life balance and have a very liberal vacation/personal time policy. We provides partner vendor training, on-going education and certification programs to help you keep your skills razor-sharp.
So, if you're a junior level/aspiring/experienced but not in love with your job as an IT Service Desk/Helpdesk Engineer, please click apply right now! We'd love to talk to you!