Accountant - Remote - Work from Home
The Accountant will primarily be responsible for providing accounting and finance support to the global organization including Finance, Legal, IT and HR, to drive process efficiency and continuous improvement. The candidate will be expected to analyze financial information, identify trends, make recommendations, collect information and prepare reports for key business owners. Also responsible for providing support to management with team metrics, monthly reporting, revisions, global projects, among others.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support month end and quarter end close processes.
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Team metrics and KPIs update and control.
- Drive innovation, process optimization and statutory compliance as required by Management.
- Analyze financial information, call attention to trends, make recommendations, collect information and prepare reports for upper management.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Provide management with any additional required support.
- Develop trusted business relationships with other non‐finance departments across the company providing guidance on technical accounting issues, delivering timely information needed to conduct their business and offering improvements to the financial accounting process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Preference given to candidates with experience using QuickBooks, Oracle and/or Hyperion
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years of Accounting experience.
- USGAAP and financial reporting requirements knowledge.
- High level of Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in a multi‐national and high‐tech environment.
- Advanced level of English
- High job quality and careful attention to details
- Strong individual initiative and ability to work independently. Commitment to drive tasks to completion.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as well as deal with ambiguity.
- Approach role with a problem‐solving perspective with strong customer focus.
- Effective communicator.
- Can relate to the GPL Core Values:
o We take care of each other and our clients
o Agility is our edge
o Creative problem solvers
o Cool under pressure Clarity
o Clarity, Confidence, Commitment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work from home
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work environment
- Supportive and progressive staff and leadership