IT Support Engineer, Help Desk, Systems Engineer, Supporting VFX Animation
GPL Technologies has the immediate need for self-starting and willing IT Support Engineer. This role will be providing expertise to a household name creative studio with locations all over the world. We seek driven professionals with a knack for entertainment, a cultural fit, and a focus in unparalleled service to be provided to clients.
As a Support Engineer you will be working with a vast and complex array of technologies for one of the world's leading visual effects and animation studios based near our HQ in Burbank, California.
- Provide 1st/2nd level technical support
- Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting local infrastructure
- Follow IT procedures as established by our main studio
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company's Los Angeles infrastructure, including workstations, servers, storage, network, tape backups and video equipment
- Ensure the reliable and efficient handling of video media and image data to meet the needs of staff and clients through all service areas (transfer, duplication, display, editing, archiving)
- Maintain video & data capture & transfer systems (Mac, PC or other)
- Perform maintenance on a broad range of equipment, including display set-ups and alignment through to cabling and routing, if required
- Occasional requirement to perform after hours and/or weekend support
- Relocation of IT equipment (moving machine/s, monitors etc)
- Ensure that asset management, licensing, OH&S, and other company policies are being adhered to
- Get quotes and manage vendors as required
- Assist with project tasks driven by the main studio
- Generate and maintain both internal and end user documentation, as required
- Create solutions to common problems around the studio to ensure a high-quality experience for artists, directors, editors, etc
- Previous experience in a support role or system engineering role
- Strong troubleshooting skills with creative software applications like Maya, Avid, Adobe apps
- Linux, Windows and OSX Operating System exposure
- Networking and connectivity skills
- MAC/PC maintenance and software installation
- Installation and upgrading of MAC/PC hardware
Our client would love to find someone for this role who has technical ability, and a hardworking, willing attitude. You'll be facing tight deadlines, and supporting passionate, creative people who work long hours to get their vision onto the big screen, and we want you to be eager to solve problems for them... or eager to create solutions which circumvent problems you may see time and again!
This is a long-term contract with an amazing, career-building client who wants someone whose contract they can renew year over year, so if you're looking to build a career in IT Support in the entertainment world, this is a great opportunity!
GPL Technologies provides health, dental, vision & life insurance to our full-time employees, as well as 401k benefits. Our compensation plans are competitive, and believe in a positive work-life balance and have a very liberal vacation and personal time policy. Our technical staff receives a wide array of technical training from major vendors. And last but not least, you'll be a part of a great team getting hands-on, real-world experience with exciting high-end technology that simply isn't present in most corporate IT environments.