Production/Project Manager - Software Services Team
GPL is looking for a qualified candidate to join our Software Services team. This team works with a wide range of clients in Media and Entertainment and helps them build and improve their Production Pipelines through custom software tools and integrations.
The Production Manager is the go-between our Visual Effects and Animation Clients and our internal GPL Team. You manage projects, lead client training and on-boarding, and maintain client relationships. Your mission is to work closely with clients, understand their user stories, and translate them into efficient artist workflows in collaboration with the Software Services development team. You will work on a variety of projects across a range of disciplines, collaborating with producers, artists, pipeline TDs, and engineers. You will bring your years of experience in Film and Television and passion for the industry to the team, collaborating to identify current production needs as well as anticipate new opportunities down the road.
This position is located in the Los Angeles area. Frequent client onsite visits are required.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to; providing or scheduling product and workflow setup and training, conducting customer health checks, identifying opportunities to expand relationships, up-selling/cross-selling new products or services and maintaining elevated level of influence over the client lifecycle
- Participate, collaborate and contribute to the team roadmap
- Ensure that customers derive maximum value from their engagement with the GPL Software Services Team; have successful project engagements, identify new opportunities, and educate clients on all GPL core services.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business/production challenges faced by clients and common objectives to appropriately map GPL solutions.
- Monitor customer projects, usage data, health indicators, and growth opportunities and translate into strategies for success
- Manage and collaborate interdepartmentally to resolve at-risk Client escalations
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around new production workflows, tools and industry trends
- Maintain opportunities and client notes in GPL CRM
- Work with the team to document internal processes, workflows, tools and training methods
- Be a leader in client and internal team collaboration
- Respond to partner and customer inquiries in a professional and prompt manner
- Build strong client relationships for repeat business
- Identify new client opportunities for GPL Services
- Contribute to the internal training and development of the GPL team
- 3 or more years in Animation and/or Visual Effects Production Management
- Proficient in Shotgun Software
- Have deep passion for production, pipeline, and workflows
- Have well-founded opinions about pipeline and how to solve common challenges (as well as how NOT to solve them).
- Are always willing to hear other insight and opinion – even when they contradict your own
- Can work well in a collaborative environment within your team as well as with client teams
- Can thrive working independently and remotely as well
- Are hungry to continue learning new software, technology and workflows
- Can grow with the fast-evolving technology in pipeline and aren’t “stuck in your ways”
- Are familiar with NIM, F-Track, FileMaker
- Are comfortable working with DCC software like Maya and Nuke
- Can relate to the GPL Core Values:
- We take care of each other and our clients
- Agility is our edge
- Creative problem solvers
- Cool under pressure
- Clarity, Confidence, Commitment
GPL provides a flexible work environment and allows staff to work from home. We believe in a positive work-life balance and have a very liberal vacation and personal time policy. Above all, you'll be a part of a great team of people serving a vibrant and exciting community of creative media companies around the globe.